If Lookup Index Match pulling back #Value

MGrey

Hi all, quite an involved one here so please bear with me.

Working at a company trying to rectify their orders. They have a weekly report that they are seeking a comparator on, to see the changes. Because so many of their orders are very similar, I have taken their data and had to create a field for a concatenated URN: Concatenate(A,B,C,D)

on a processing sheet, I then have a list of these URNs from the week 1 and week 2 sheets in columns A and B, using =IFERROR(SOB_ThisWeek[URN],"") and =IFERROR(SOB_LastWeek[URN],"") respectively.

In column C, I wanted to find all the Duplicate values, and ended up with the array formula:
{=IFERROR(INDEX($A$2:$A$1499,SMALL(IF(COUNTIF($B$2:$B$1499,$A$2:$A$1499)>0,ROW($A$2:$A$1499)-1,9999999999),ROW()-1)),"")}

In D, I wanted *all* URNs and after an hour of swearing, I found:
{=INDIRECT(TEXT(MIN(IF(($B$2:$B$1324<>"")*(COUNTIF($D$1:D1,$B$2:$B$1324)=0),ROW($2:$1324)*100+COLUMN($B:$B),7^8)),"R0C00"),)&""}

All good so far. With this, I was able to pull up all the *none-duplicate* values with a sneaky =IF(ISNA(MATCH(D2,Dupes,0)),D2,"") in column E

If you are still with me, I love you, because here's the actual issue:

Column F, I am trying to pull back the 'A' value for that URN. Because I don't know if this URN is for the current or previous week, I am trying to perform an index match based on the value that the none-duplicate column has returned:

=IF(LOOKUP($E2,$A:$A),INDEX(SOB_TW[Part],MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(SOB_TW[URN]=$E2,0),0)),INDEX(SOB_LW[Part],MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(SOB_LW[URN]=$E2,0),0)))

I have tried this both arrayed and none-arrayed, and this is off the back of attempting a Vlookup in the same style, but where the none-duplicate column has returned a value, the formula returns a #Value !

Any help greatly appreciated. (and yes, this thing does take like 5 mins to run the full series of calculations - It's a once a week report, so boss is not too fussed)

Best,

Morgan

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
I haven't tested this, but maybe something like:

=IFERROR(INDEX(SOB_TW[Part],MATCH($E2,SOB_TW[URN],0),INDEX(SOB_LW[Part],MATCH($E2,SOB_LW[URN],0))

Upvote 0
Eric, you have the best brain. It required some parenthesis jiggery pokery, but it works wonderfully. IOU one cuppa.

Best,

Morgan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back