Top of column code

ipbr21054

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

How would we go about a top of column code where in this case its row 4 ?

As opposed to multiple codes have just one code.

I have row 4 frozen so always seen.
I have row 5 hidden so never seen

So maybe double click the coloum header cell in question to be taken to the top.

So i am in cell D461, if i then double click the header cell D4 im then taken to D4

Same if im in cell Z853, double cliick the header cell Z4 so im then taken to cell Z4

This would then work across the board

Have a nice evening.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
I don't understand your question. If row 4 is always visible, why can't you simply single click Row 4 in the column you want to be taken to Row 4 for that column?

Upvote 0
You are correct.
Double clicking Header cell row 4 i should be taken to 6 NOT 4 like i put above sorry

Upvote 0
Double clicking Header cell row 4 i should be taken to 6 NOT 4 like i put above sorry
Ah, okay, give this event code a try...
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
  If Target.Row = 4 Then
    Target.Offset(2).Select
    Cancel = True
  End If
End Sub

HOW TO INSTALL Event Code
------------------------------------
If you are new to event code procedures, they are easy to install. To install it, right-click the name tab at the bottom of the worksheet that is to have the functionality to be provided by the event code and select "View Code" from the popup menu that appears. This will open up the code window for that worksheet. Copy/Paste the event code into that code window. That's it... the code will now operate automatically when its particular event procedure is raised by an action you take on the worksheet itself. Note... if you are using XL2007 or above, make sure you save your file as an "Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook (*.xlsm) and answer the "do you want to enable macros" question as "yes" or "OK" (depending on the button label for your version of Excel) the next time you open your workbook.

Upvote 0
Why not just click D4 & then down arrow once?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back