date format

vmjan02

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
  4. 2016
  5. 2013
I have the date in this format "Day: 11 Sep 19", just need date from this "Day: 11 Sep 19" in format as
date format 11-09-2019

any idea.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
You will need to either
a) Extract the date to another column (could use a formula or Text to Column or vba code) and then format how you want, or
b) remove the "Day: " from the cell (could use Find/Replace or Text to columns or vba code) and then format how you want.

If you need further help with these ideas, tell us your preference for method and/or location of the results.
Where is the original data?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, did tried the function but its not working.

Upvote 0
Yes, did tried the function but its not working.
In that circumstance best to give the formula you used and what result it did give and explain in what way that is the wrong result. :)

There are several formulas that could be used. Here is one.

Excel Workbook
AB
1Day: 11 Sep 1911-Sep-19
Extract Date

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have in cell a1 as Day: 11 Sep 19 and I did in cell a2 =REPLACE(A1,FIND("Day: ",A1),4,"") -- here replace is done, now in a3 this is not working =TEXT(A2,"mm-dd-yyyy")

You will need to either
a) Extract the date to another column (could use a formula or Text to Column or vba code) and then format how you want, or
b) remove the "Day: " from the cell (could use Find/Replace or Text to columns or vba code) and then format how you want.

If you need further help with these ideas, tell us your preference for method and/or location of the results.
Where is the original data?

Upvote 0
I have in cell a1 as Day: 11 Sep 19 and I did in cell a2 =REPLACE(A1,FIND("Day: ",A1),4,"") -- here replace is done, now in a3 this is not working =TEXT(A2,"mm-dd-yyyy")
Did you try the formula I posted?

.. or don't I have the correct text in A1 in my screen shot? If not, what exactly should it be?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back