Advanced Filter

NDMDRB

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a workbook with several worksheets and several advanced filters that was working very well, but with unknown reason the advanced filters stop working

Below is a link for a test sheet from my workbook that shows how I did the advanced filter

Can someone please check it and let me know what I missed or what is the correct way to do it?

Many thanks in advanced

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-cerEESnjieZUXKun4R_F3vHgSiMR5Ix/view?usp=sharing

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
What exactly is the problem?

Upvote 0
It doesn't work,

What I did exactly:
I changed the name of Criteria and Extract to (ex: Criteria_Items, Criteria_Sales... Extract_Items, Extract_Sales...)

Because I'm using them in my userforms, and I have a lot of advanced filter, just to know the exact criteria/extract ranges I need, I changed their names

Once I run any advanced filter, let's say the one in sheet "Items" It created a new criteria in the same sheet scope, with name "Criteria" & "Extract"

I'm not sure if what I mentioned has any related with my problem, but this is exactly what I did

Note: As I said before, once I open my workbook and run any advanced filter, it works well, but then stop working

Upvote 0
"It doesn't work" really doesn't help us to help you. If you're using it from userforms (first time you've mentioned them and there aren't any in the workbook you posted), how are you doing so? What is the code?

Advanced filter will create those names but it really shouldn't affect anything you are doing.

Upvote 0
"It doesn't work" really doesn't help us to help you. If you're using it from userforms (first time you've mentioned them and there aren't any in the workbook you posted), how are you doing so? What is the code?

Advanced filter will create those names but it really shouldn't affect anything you are doing.

Please find the link below with my worksheet and userform that doesn't get the values by advanced filter

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-cerEESnjieZUXKun4R_F3vHgSiMR5Ix/view?usp=sharing

Upvote 0
That is a link to an xlsx file, which cannot contain userforms or macros.

Upvote 0
Select the apparently blank cells in the criteria range and press the Delete key, then try it again.

Upvote 0
Select the apparently blank cells in the criteria range and press the Delete key, then try it again.

Thank you so much RoryA, I replaced the null ("") with (ClearContents) and then it works well

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back