Macro to cut and paste to master file

njenkins

i am sent a spreadsheet each day of performance. I have a recorded macro that deletes all the data not relevant to me which leaves me with 5 rows/10 columns of data. The columns are constant each day. I would like the macro to proceed in copying that days data onto a separate master spreadsheet of performance.
So each day I am emailed the spreadsheet, I can look at the data and then run the macro which will copy the relevant bit onto a master spreadsheet on my computer. The master spread sheet will then be a resource of past performance with new rows added each day by the macro.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Try this method ..

This code goes in Master workbook
Code:
Sub CopyData()
    Dim cel As Range, rng As Range

[COLOR=#ff0000] Insert YOUR code to delete unwanted stuff here and ensure that latest day's sheet is active after the data is deleted[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#006400]'copy from where ?[/COLOR]
    Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Resize(5, 10)    [I][COLOR=#ff0000]' amend A1 to the first cell of copied range (or specify actual range)[/COLOR][/I]

[COLOR=#006400]'paste to which cell ?[/COLOR]
    Set cel = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("[COLOR=#ff0000]Master[/COLOR]").Range("A" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)

[COLOR=#006400]'do the copy and paste[/COLOR]
    rng.Copy cel

End Sub

The above code will copy data from A1:J5 in the active sheet to the next empty cell in column A in sheet named "Master" in the workbook containing the code

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just spotted a tiny error

Remove the .
Code:
Set cel = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Master").Range("A" & [SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000].[/COLOR][/SIZE]Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)

Code:
Set cel = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Master").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)

Upvote 0
thank you
can i paste it in a separate workbook - as i will be running this on separate workbooks sent to me daily and id just like to extract my data to a master workbook

Upvote 0
can i paste it in a separate workbook - as i will be running this on separate workbooks sent to me daily and id just like to extract my data to a master workbook

I have a recorded macro that deletes all the data not relevant to me which leaves me with 5 rows/10 columns of data.

Modify your recorded macro to open the master workbook and do what you need, something like this ..

Code:
    Dim cel As Range, rng As Range, wb As Workbook

[COLOR=#ff0000]'YOUR current code goes here
    'ENSURE that sheet containing data to be copied is now active[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#006400]'copy from where ?[/COLOR]
    Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Resize(5, 10)    [COLOR=#006400]'amend to match your data[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#006400]'open master workbook[/COLOR]
    Set wb = Workbooks.Open("C:\Full\Path\MasterFileNmae.xlsx")    [COLOR=#006400]'amend to correct path and file name[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#006400]'paste to which cell ?[/COLOR]
    Set cel = wb.Sheets("Name of Sheet").Range("A" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)    [COLOR=#006400]'amend to match your data[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#006400]'do the copy and paste[/COLOR]
    rng.Copy cel

[COLOR=#006400]'save and close master workbook[/COLOR]
    wb.Save
    wb.Close False

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back