Excel-built customer journey map

RockandGrohl

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

We're spitballing some ideas at work and want to see a map of our customer journeys. We have 19 different product types and want to see how they travel from one product type to another, or stay within the same product type each booking.

I have no idea how to present this data in a non-garbled way. I was thinking of having several pillars with the product category, and then trendlines between the pillars that proportionally show where the customer has gone next. Any ideas if something like this is possible?

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
G'day RandG,

Can you confirm my assumptions:
* You have numerous salse/support locations for the customers of your 19 product types
* Representatives visit these locations periodically and possibly in some sequence on a multi day, multi customer loop
* Representatives may concentrate on one or more product type per customer or journey
* You want to 'map' the representatives journey from customer to customer and show the product type(s) that were the basis of the visit

If those assumptions are correct, or correct enough, then you could do something with Conditional Formatting and Sorting that may help map it out.

Cheers

shane

Upvote 0
Hi bud, sorry you're a bit off the mark. Forget about locations or reps, it's a business that sells products which can fall in to any one of 9 categories (technically 19 product types but they all fall into 9 product categories)

Customers can buy any product category, but they do tend to have a predicted path that we need to visualise.

Upvote 0
Well that just goes to show how far off track I can be!

This is something that you may achieve with Visio rather than Excel

Good luck,

shane

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back