Formula result to display fraction of an inch

Silverhorne

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

This seems like a simple cell format issue but everything I have tried has not worked for me.
I am using Office 365, I have 6 cells merged that display the result of an Index/match formula. This cell is formatted as a fraction but will only display a decimal number.
I would like it to display in proper fractions of an inch. I have tried the same formula in a non-merged cell and got the same result.

I don't think the formulas affect this but here they are anyways:
The formula in the merged cells with the index match that will not display as a fraction:
=IF(ISBLANK(D28),"",IF(INDEX(MASTER!$B$6:$Z$304,MATCH($D28,MASTER!$B$6:$B$304,0),22)="","",CONCATENATE(INDEX(MASTER!$B$6:$Z$304,MATCH($D28,MASTER!$B$6:$B$304,0),22))))

This is the formula in the cell that the above formula pulls from, which does display as a fraction:
{=INDEX(Studs!$E$4:$E$216,MATCH(1,(G6=Studs!$C$4:$C$216)*(H6=Studs!$B$4:$B$216),0))}

Thank you in advance for any help.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Try removing the concatenate function from your formula, that is causing the result to be returned as text instead of a numeric value, meaning that any numeric formatting applied to the cell will be ignored.

Upvote 0
Thank you!
Once you said that I looked at what the concatenate was there for and realized I copied that formula from another cell and only removed the second half of the concatenate rather than the whole formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back