Match multiple criteria returns a specific result

bruce24444

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to build a vacation scheduler for a staff of approx. 100 staff and most of it works fine but I can't figure out one last piece.

What I have is a dashboard, a staff list, a vacation list and then a DOR (day of rest) list.

The dashboard has each employees name in B9:B100
Dates are displayed in C6:AG6

The staff list table has a list of all employees [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]EMP_LIST[Employee] (populates the employee list on the dashboard) and their corresponding DOR Group number (1-6) [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]EMP_LIST[DOR Group][/FONT][/FONT]<strike></strike>

DOR List = Our staff get an additional day off
every 2rd week
. IE: Every 2rd Monday or Friday. To make sure we can still maintain coverage, everyone is divided into 4 groups.

To manage this I have created a table with heading for each group (1-4) and a label column which is "D" and the table contains a list the days which will correspond with their DOR. I named this table: [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]I_DOR_ARRAY

So this is where I need help.

On the dashboard: Angie (B9) has a DOR on October 4th (G6). Angie is in [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
EMP_LIST[DOR Group]
[/FONT]
and October 4th is in Column 3 of [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
I_DOR_ARRAY
[/FONT]. On the dashboard I want the intersection of Angie and Oct 4th (G9) to say "D"

I've tried many versions of Index (Match) formulas but I can't seem to get it to work and my mind has turned to pure mush.

Any help is appreciated.

[/FONT]

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Hey Bruce.

Not sure if this is what you want, but this is so you can have a table with names and a date on one sheet:

BC
9Employee101/01/2019
10Employee202/01/2019
11Employee3

<tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet1

And a matrix style table on Sheet2

BCDE
601/01/201902/01/201903/01/2019
9Employee1D
10Employee2D
11Employee3

<tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet2

Worksheet Formulas
CellFormula
C9=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(INDEX(Sheet1!$C$9:$C$11,MATCH(Sheet2!$B9,Sheet1!$B$9:$B$11,0)),C$6,0)),"D","")

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

You can Drag C9 to the right then down.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farhansadik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back