Identifying Fillable Cell

Rob #4

Board Regular
Does anyone have a good method of identifying cells that need to be modified in a spreadsheet to make it easy for the user to locate? I have not been able to find a way to highlight a cell or change the text color but not have them print in that manner, since I have color images on the form I cannot simply print in black and white.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hello,

You can use Bold or Italic ... or Bold Italic ...:wink:

Upvote 0
I am trying to find a method which does not involve modifying the looking of the form

Upvote 0
There are various options, but it really depends on how you want it all to work.

Most options I cam imagine require VBA. Those options might include:
- Run a Macro that runs through them and identifies the ones that need modifying.
- Produce a list on another sheet that lists them out.
- Have a BeforeSave, BeforeClose, or BeforePrint macro that highlights (or unhighights) the issue, and doesn't allow them to proceed before correcting them.

Upvote 0
I am trying to make it as easy as possible, since not everyone is very good with excel. I could print everything in black and white except I have a color logo in the form that needs printed in color. Is there anyway to put the image into the worksheet in a manner which that still prints in color but everything else is black and white?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back