Download data from website that requires login id and password

hazelsnowy

I want to do a macro (hopefully record macro) and need to extract data from a website that requires a password. However, my colleagues have their own login ID and password, and i do not want to share my login ID and password with them. What should I do such that i can retrieve data from the website and not share my password and login ID? Also, there are many pop ups when downloading data from the website and i want it to click "yes". What should i do?

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Re: Urgent - download data from website that requires login id and password

Hi Hazelsnowy,
I assume you want to push a button somewhere in Excel to download the data from that website? In that case you could e.g. have a cell in Excel where the person that's using the sheet fills their username and/or password and have the macro use that cell contents. Otherwise you can show the user a pop-up asking them to input their username/password. The macro you're looking for is quite a bit more complicated than just recording it. You'll have to dive into VBA quite a bit to get this working, but I found that having a VBA skill can be massively time-saving & rewarding.
Cheers,
Koen

Upvote 0
Re: Urgent - download data from website that requires login id and password

Hazel snowy:

• Another option is to hardcode the credentials into the VBA code and password protect it. Beginners will have trouble cracking it.
  • As for the code itself, it has to be done stepwise. What is the first page control to be filled or clicked? Right click it, choose inspect to get DOM information as exemplified below and paste the picture here so we can start building the macro.
  • Can you share the address of the site’s home page? This will be a bit difficult to do without actual access to the page for testing purposes.

whST2jM.jpg

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back