Filter Columns by Color

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
If the colours are the result of conditional formatting then consider Advanced Filter
https://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html
- adapt the rules applied in CF to create the formulas required by advanced filter

If the colours are manually applied then you probably need VBA

Upvote 0
If the colours are the result of conditional formatting then consider Advanced Filter
That is a choice but AutoFilter can still be used manually or by VBA if the colours are there by Conditional Formatting so that would probably be easier.

The only time you might need to use the rules that applied the CF would be if you had the same colour applied both by CF and directly and you wanted to filter one and not the other - highly unlikely I think. :eek:

Upvote 0
@Peter_SSs
- I should have stated in my reply that I assumed that the question was being asked because auto filter by colour had been found inadequate. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@DougStroud

The detail of how you are trying to filter would help us address your specific problem

Upvote 0
@Peter_SSs
- I should have stated in my reply that I assumed that the question was being asked because auto filter by colour had been found inadequate. :rolleyes:
You could be right, perhaps even because the excel version is old and doesn't even have that option.

It could be though that a macro just to apply multiple colour filters is being requested.

So little information in the question it is all a guess really. Hopefully the OP will provide enough information to allow a suitable suggestion. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back