Office 365 Excel 1902 Version Error 1004

RompStar

Hi guys!

long time no post! I was asked to do something at work that I havn't done in a while, but luckily I saved the VBA script, its a script that matched different workbook sheet store numbers and exports them to their corresponding network folders, luckily most of the script still works but I am hitting a wall on what previously worked in Excel 2003.

I have a Case lookup that will look up the network folder based on the sheet store number or value, so it looks it up and when it finds a store number, it tries to save to the network folder...

The problem is that sometimes people delete folders on the network drive, so when it tries to save it, it produced the 1004 error.

I have written a Error Handling that worked in Excel 2003 but now not, let me explain:

On Error GoTo ErrHandler

So when the Save attempt fails with Error 1004, it goes to the ErrHandling part of the script:

There I have basically instruction to save the file on my local drive, I just want to handle these, so that later I can resolve them, so that the process doesn't error out.

But now when it tries to Save again to a different location, that workbook is locked and no matter what, it won't work, so just wondering if I need to change that part of the code ?

I created the StoreDir2 for sure and made sure to double check it for spelling errors and it exists proper and I have access to it...

StoreDir2 = "c:\Users\LAN\Desktop\error1004"

If Err.Number = 1004 Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs StoreDir2 & "Store_" & ws.Name & endoffilename & ".xls" ' <------------- script fails here
pg.Sheets("Call or Address List Guidelines").Copy Before:=Workbooks("Store_" & ws.Name & endoffilename & ".xls").Sheets(1)
x = x + 1
mylog(x) = StoreDir2 & "Store_" & ws.Name & endoffilename & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.Close True
Resume 1
Else
MsgBox "The message text of the error is: " & Error(Err)
End If

Thanks!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi Joe4,

I am using Office 365, Excel version 1902 / how does the optional FileFormat argument work ?

Upvote 0
Hi Joe4,

I am using Office 365, Excel version 1902 / how does the optional FileFormat argument work ?

here is what I have tried and still that error, note also Tried .xlsx with FileFormat:=51

If Err.Number = 1004 Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs StoreDir2 & "Store_" & ws.Name & endoffilename & ".xlsm", FileFormat:=52

pg.Sheets("Call or Address List Guidelines").Copy Before:=Workbooks("Store_" & ws.Name & endoffilename & ".xlsm").Sheets(1)
x = x + 1
mylog(x) = StoreDir2 & "Store_" & ws.Name & endoffilename & ".xlsm"
ActiveWorkbook.Close True
Resume 1
Else
MsgBox "The message text of the error is: " & Error(Err)
End If

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If StoreDir2 is defined as you show it in post #1 , you seem to be missing a path separator.

Try:
Rich (BB code):
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs StoreDir2 & Application.PathSeparator & "Store_" & ws.Name & endoffilename & ".xlsm", FileFormat:=52

Upvote 0
If StoreDir2 is defined as you show it in post #1 , you seem to be missing a path separator.

Try:
Rich (BB code):
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs StoreDir2 & Application.PathSeparator & "Store_" & ws.Name & endoffilename & ".xlsm", FileFormat:=52

here is StoreDir2

StoreDir2 = "c:\Users\ID\Desktop\error1004\ "

I checked and I can access this path fine on my Windows 10 workstation

??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so weird, I put the path directly without using the Variable and it worked fine:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "c:\Users\ID\Desktop\error1004\ " & "Store_" & ws.Name & endoffilename & ".xlsx", FileFormat:=51

Last edited:
Upvote 0
here is StoreDir2

StoreDir2 = "c:\Users\ID\Desktop\error1004\ "

I checked and I can access this path fine on my Windows 10 workstation

??
... and here is StoreDir2 as you showed it in post #1 :

StoreDir2 = "c:\Users\LAN\Desktop\error1004"

there is no path separator at the end of it and you substituted LAN for ID.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back