How to save a file using "if then or else" in case the 1 drive is not found

Henriette

<ytd-expander id="expander" class="expander-exp style-scope ytd-comment-renderer" style="display: block; --ytd-expander-button-margin:4px 0 0 0; --ytd-expander-collapsed-height:80px;"><yt-formatted-string id="content-text" slot="content" split-lines="" class="style-scope ytd-comment-renderer" style="white-space: pre-wrap; --yt-endpoint-color:var(--yt-spec-call-to-action); --yt-endpoint-hover-color:var(--yt-spec-call-to-action); --yt-endpoint-visited-color:var(--yt-spec-call-to-action); color: var(--ytd-comment-text-color); font-size: 1.4rem; line-height: 2rem;">Hello and thank you for my acceptance on your site, one question....
I made an invoice-manager system using your site for help it works perfect but.....
My office has 4 pc's and I work from shared folders (Z://). The main drive is C... . Ofcourse when I work my invoice-manager from the C-drive my vba code for saving the file doesn't work.
How to use the IF,THEN,ELSE vba code so that if work from the C drive and it doesn't recognize this command it goes to a second command of saving the file at the C:// drive?
THIS IS MY VBA MODULE:Sub InvoiceReport()Dim myFile As String, lastRow As LongmyFile = "Z:\HLEKTRONIKH TIMOLOGISH\INVOICE MANAGER" & Sheets("Invoice").Range("J13") & "_" & Sheets("Invoice").Range("C13") & "_" & Sheets("Invoice").Range("J40") & "€" & "_" & Format(Now(), "dd-mm-yyyy") & "_" & ".xlsm"lastRow = Sheets("Data-Invoices").UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row + 1'create invoice in XLSX formatActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "Z:\HLEKTRONIKH TIMOLOGISH\INVOICE MANAGER" & Sheets("Invoice").Range("J13") & "_" & Sheets("Invoice").Range("C13") & "_" & Sheets("Invoice").Range("J40") & "€" & "_" & Format(Now(), "dd-mm-yyyy") & "_" & ".xlsm", FileFormat:=52'ActiveWorkbook.Close</yt-formatted-string>

</ytd-expander><ytd-comment-action-buttons-renderer id="action-buttons" class="style-scope ytd-comment-renderer" action-buttons-style="desktop-toolbar" style="display: block; color: var(--yt-spec-text-secondary); min-height: 16px; margin-top: 4px;">
</ytd-comment-action-buttons-renderer>

<ytd-menu-renderer class="style-scope ytd-comment-renderer" style="display: var(--layout-horizontal_-_display); flex-direction: var(--layout-horizontal_-_flex-direction);"></ytd-menu-renderer>

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hi

welcome to forum

See if this change to your code does want you want

Code:
Sub InvoiceReport()
    Dim myFile As String
    Dim SharedFolder As Boolean

With Sheets("Invoice")
    myFile = "Z:\HLEKTRONIKH TIMOLOGISH\INVOICE MANAGER" & _
                .Range("J13") & "_" & _
                .Range("C13") & "_" & _
                .Range("J40") & "€" & "_" & _
                Format(Now(), "dd-mm-yyyy") & "_" & ".xlsm"
    End With

'check if shared folder available
    SharedFolder = CBool(Dir(myFile, vbDirectory) <> vbNullString)
'if not change to local drive
    If Not SharedFolder Then myFile = Replace(myFile, "Z", "C", 1, 1)
'save workbook
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs myFile, FileFormat:=52
'inform user
    MsgBox "Invoice Saved To " & IIf(SharedFolder, "Shared Folder", "Local Folder"), 64, "Save"
'close
    ActiveWorkbook.Close False
End Sub

If not, please explain further, plenty here to help you

Dave

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you Dave it helped a lot but I have one question for now because it say that the document is saved but I can not find it.
the ecxact directory (there were the shared folder comes from on the main pc is: C:\Users\Public\Documents\HLEKTRONIKH TIMOLOGISH\INVOICE MANAGER
This is the shared folder were my boss has to save the document who is working from the main pc.
The other 3 pc are working with this shared folder and at all 3 pc the path name is Z:\HLEKTRONIKH TIMOLOGISH\INVOICE MANAGER\
HOW TO CHANGE THE VBA CODE TO SAVE THE DOCUMENT TO C:\Users\Public\Documents\HLEKTRONIKH TIMOLOGISH\INVOICE MANAGER\
IF IT DOESNT FIND THE Z:\.... PATH IN THE FIRST PLACE

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,
try this update

Code:
Sub InvoiceReport()
    Dim myFolder As String, myFileName As String
    Dim SharedFolder As Boolean

myFolder = "Z:\HLEKTRONIKH TIMOLOGISH\INVOICE MANAGER"
'check if shared folder available
    SharedFolder = CBool(Dir(myFolder, vbDirectory) <> vbNullString)
    If Not SharedFolder Then
'use local folder
        myFolder = "C:\Users\Public\Documents\HLEKTRONIKH TIMOLOGISH\INVOICE MANAGER"
    End If

'get filename from ranges
    With Worksheets("Invoice")
        myFileName = .Range("J13") & "_" & _
        .Range("C13") & "_" & _
        .Range("J40") & "€" & "_" & _
        Format(Now(), "dd-mm-yyyy") & "_" & ".xlsm"
    End With

On Error GoTo myerror
'save workbook
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs myFolder & "\" & myFileName, FileFormat:=52
'inform user
    MsgBox "Invoice Saved To " & IIf(SharedFolder, "Shared Folder", "Local Folder"), 64, "Save"
'close
    ActiveWorkbook.Close False

myerror:
'report errors
    If Err <> 0 Then MsgBox (Error(Err)), 48, "Error"
End Sub

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back