VBA table TotalsRowRange cells

DEksel

Board Regular
I just want to get value from one cell in TotalsRowRange. If I write
Code:
myTable.TotalsRowRange(9).Select
everything works fine. But how I can select that cell in TotalsRowRange by using headers row name? I can select column like next
Code:
myTable.ListColumns("Stake").DataBodyRange.Select
Next does not work
Code:
myTable.TotalsRowRange("Stake").Select

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Try this:
Code:
    With myTable
        .TotalsRowRange(.ListColumns("Stake").Index).Select
    End With

Upvote 0
Thank you John.

That one really works!

But, if I don't like with? Something as:
Code:
myTable.TotalsRowRange ???

Upvote 0
Try either of these
Code:
myTable.TotalsRowRange(myTable.ListColumns("Stake").Index).Select

Range(myTable.Name & "[[#Totals],[Stake]]").Select

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks Peter.

Actually, I have defined table as listed object so Name is not obligatory. Works perfect.
Code:
Dim Stakes as double
Stakes = Range(tbl(x) & "[[#Totals],[Stake]]").Value

Need your suggestion: how to check out is filtered table returns any data? Is
Code:
if Stakes = 0
good enough and always correct (suppose if any data anywhere in the any row, field Stake is obligatory)? Or to check out visible cells (on some wild way)?

Upvote 0
Actually, I have defined table as listed object so Name is not obligatory. Works perfect.
Rich (BB code):
Dim Stakes as double
Stakes = Range(tbl(x) & "[[#Totals],[Stake]]").Value

If you are keen on avoiding non-obligatory properties then you would also avoid Value as a Range property. Works perfect. ;)
Rich (BB code):
Dim Stakes as double
Stakes = Range(tbl(x) & "[[#Totals],[Stake]]")

However, I think it better practice to be specific about what properties you are using (though I sometimes forget, or get lazy). :eek:
The code is then generally clearer if you come back to it quite some time later.

Need your suggestion: how to check out is filtered table returns any data?
Assuming that you are still talking about a ListObject with a Totals row, then try something like

Rich (BB code):
If tbl(x).Range.Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlVisible).Count = 2 Then
  MsgBox "No filter result"
Else
  MsgBox "Data rows visible"
End If

Upvote 0
If you are keep on avoiding non-obligatory properties then you would also avoid Value as a Range property. Works perfect. ;)
Well... :) I like "value". Sounds so exact to me... I am satisfied with my coding... clean, understandable, readable, usable... fast! But I will add .Name in this case.
Rich (BB code):
If tbl(x).Range.Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlVisible).Count = 2 
versus
If Stakes = 0
The second one is faster (in my case of course).

Thank you very much Peter. Tough as always. Now I have to go to replace "(false, false)" with "(0,0)" everywhere :)

Upvote 0
The second one is faster (in my case of course).
It may be faster(?) and I don't know too much about your 'case' (data) but the second one is possible to give incorrect results, so I was giving you a robust option. Here are 2 tables, both filtered, where using If Stakes = 0 would tell you that no data rows are visible.

Excel Workbook
EFGHI
1AStake
2x0
4x0
5Total0
9Hdr 1Hdr 2Stake
10Itm 134
11Itm 2-4
13Itm 41
14Itm 533
16Itm 7-64
17Total0
Sample

Upvote 0
* * * I was giving you a robust option ***
Yep, thank you for your time Peter.

I don't know what for do you using Excel. In general, your counting rows inside visible range is for multi purpose use: works always and width everything. I am writing procedures for me only! My Stake(s) row has no negative values: or filled with some amount or null. I am filtering several tables 365 times, grabbing subtotal value(s) and copy to report summary table. I did compare of course results: works perfect :) (now you and me have special term about wrong coding :))

I'll be free to send you my file so you will get idea. Also, you can drop short look on mentioned procedure with some comment (not bad; can be much better; could be much worse etc. etc.) It will takes few minutes of your time.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I am writing procedures for me only! My Stake(s) row has no negative values: or filled with some amount or null.
Fair enough, but you came to the forum for help and there is no way readers here were to know what your data was like as you didn't share information about that. In such circumstances helpers usually try to "cover all bases" so the poster doesn't have to come back later and say "that doesn't work when all my values sum to zero".

Anyway, it sounds like you are all sorted regarding this issue you posted here for help about so that's the main thing. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back