Sum of multple values, dependant on specifc date (within broader dates)

Naomi2701

I need to calculate the sum of specific cells, only when the fall within a specific date range. Our data can carry across months- eg Aug 1- Sep 15, however we need to count within a speicfic month only (eg September). I have tried a variety of SUMIFS, but I can't find the magic combination to get me what I need.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Naomi.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Without knowing a bit more about the detail of your data and its layout, it is difficult to advise a specific formula.

Any chance you could post a small set of sample data and the expected results?

Upvote 0
Thanks very much Peter.

My columns are "Date in" (from D11) and "Date Out" (from E11)- I need to only add days that fall within a specific month. eg 30/8/19- 2/9/19 would be 2 days in August and 2 in September. Can Excel be intuitive enough to split these dates?

I have also included cells to dictate the relevant month (1/9/19, D1), [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]=EOMONTH(D1,0) (E1) if they are needed.

Thanks,
Naomi.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
Your thread title says you want to sum multiple values, but your first post says you want to count something.
Are you summing (if so what as I am sure your aren't summing dates) or are you counting?

Remember that you know exactly what your sheet looks like and what you want to achieve, but we only know what you tell us (if we can interpret that correctly) or what you show us. So far I know that you have dates in columns D & E from row 11 and in D1 & E1, but what after that?

To help clarify both what you have and what you want ..
Any chance you could post a small set of sample data and the expected results?
My signature block below has help with how to do that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back