BarCode Scanner

GirishDhruva

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to scan the barcode and that barcode value should display/print in excel column 'C' , can this be done using excel

Can anyone suggest me, how this can be done.

Regards,
Dhruva.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Sorry, my cursor might be anywhere but the values that i scan should only print in Column C one below the other.
and even that column should be locked for editing once after scanning is complete.

Can this be done in Excel VBA

Regards,
Dhruva

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, VBA doesn't know whether you are scanning a barcode or typing on a Keyboard - Excel sees them as the same thing

Upvote 0
Couldn't we provide any way of scanner path/scanner name in excel vba so that once when it gets trigger it should perform that task or anything like this.

Upvote 0
Setup barcode only in uppercase, then an easy Ucase(barcode) > 0 'scanned .. Ucase(barcode) < 0 'written .. but then also when you write, do not use uppercase

Upvote 0
Setup barcode only in uppercase, then an easy Ucase(barcode) > 0 'scanned .. Ucase(barcode) < 0 'written .. but then also when you write, do not use uppercase
Sorry i did not read question right .. maybe explain more what you want excel to do .. after you write or select a value in different column, you want your next action to scan a barcode and put that in column C ?

Upvote 0
If you want only each thing you scan on the sheet in lastcell in column C and not use any othermaybe use worksheet vba ..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back