Excel Ghost Behaviour

WPOON

Hi all,

I have a macro enabled spreadsheet that has multiple auto-complete drop-down lists. When the file is shared the drop-down list did not appear from the selected cell but instead appeared in another cell (see screenshot from the link below). I have also attached the spreadsheet if someone could review for me.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/51...d8bc94ae973ab9895a332e9b20191010085328/7d0000

It could be an excel bug and cannot be resolved. if so, is there any alternative ways to create a spreadsheet that can be shared and can contain auto-complete drop-down lists?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
No idea why it is doing that. But I am wondering, why don't you use normal validation dropdown in that column?

I also think, if you want to persist with a combobox, that you should create the combobox once and fill it (on worksheet_activate, declare the combobox as a module variable). Then in selectionchange only do the positioning and visibility part. Because what you are doing also does not work properly if the workbook is not shared. I see remnants of comboboxes in several cells, etc.

I also noticed that you set a worksheet object variable to the active sheet. But since the code is in the worksheet object, you can refer to this worksheet as 'Me'.
Code:
Me.Range("A1") = 2

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apwr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back