VBA row ?

Pinaceous

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I'm trying to out a condition whereby if my sub produces a "Positive result" then that row gets locked.

I'm working with Column B in range of ("B8:B66"):

Code:
x = ActiveSheet.Range("B8:B66")

Code:
found = True
For Each cell In Range("B8:B66").Cells
    If cell.Value = "X" Then
        found = True
    End If
Next
If found = True Then
    MsgBox "Positive result"

'Range("B10:M10").Locked = True

Else
    MsgBox "Negative result"
End If

So, here if there is a "Positive result" it will lock row 10.

But now how do I tell the code, if entry of row whatever, for example Row 7 to 66, if it produces a "Positive result" its row becomes locked.

Please let me know, if you have any suggestions that I can toy around with.

Thank you,
pinaceous

Hi DanteAmor,

Okay, I have taken your code in Post#2 that finds a “PositiveResult”.

This “Positive Result” is a date in between sDate1 and sDate2.

If the Sub BTWDates2 finds a “Positive Result” it then locks that row.

The Sub BTWDates2 will be run after every entry provided in the range (“B8:B66”).

If the entry is correctly provided by the user, being a date, it will then lock that rows entry.

There are will be numerous entries done correctly, so there should be numerous rows with locked cells.

I was hoping to achieve by your Post#6 code to skip all of locked rows.

So, is there a way to combine my working code BTWDates2 with your code from Post#6, which allows for locked rows to be skipped?

Please let me know, if this is clear or if you need further explanation.

Thank you,
Pinaceous
Code:
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Sub BTWDates2()[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]ActiveSheet.Unprotect[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    Dim foundAsBoolean[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    Dim x AsVariant, dAs Variant[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    Dim c As Range,rAs Range[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    Dim cell AsRange[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    Dim dateRng AsDate[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    Dim sDate1 AsDate[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    Dim sDate2 AsDate[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    sDate1=#10/1/2019#[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    sDate2=#9/30/2020#[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]        x=ActiveSheet.Range("B8:B66")[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]        For Each dIn x[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]            Ifd<> Empty Then[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]               SelectCase d[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]                  Case sDate1 To sDate2[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]                      MsgBox d & " Within Date Range " & ActiveSheet.Name,vbInformation,"PPQ ProtectUpdate."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]found = True[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]For Each cell In Range("B8:B66").Cells[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    If cell.Value =dThen[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]        found =True[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]    End If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Next[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]If found = True Then[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]   MsgBox"Positive result"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]  For Each cInRange("B8:B66")[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]        If c = dThenRange("B" & c.Row & ":M" & c.Row).Locked =True[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]  Next[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Else[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]   MsgBox"Negative result"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]End If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]                  Case Else[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]                      MsgBox d & " Out of Date Specified Range "&ActiveSheet.Name, vbInformation, "PPQ ProtectUpdate."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]               EndSelect[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]            End If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]        Next[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]ActiveSheet.Protect[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000] End Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Sorry, but I still don't understand what you need.
We better start from the beginning, forget your code, forget my code and explain what you need using real examples.

Upvote 0
Hi Dante Amor, sorry about that! If in starting from the beginning, I'd better start a new thread. People are going to get up tight. Thank you, Paul

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back