Combine three bar charts into one, with stacked bars..?

ferlev

Hi Everyone,

I got this problem, where I have answers from a questionnaire, and I have calculated results in percent. I would like to show them in a stacked bar chart.
In the attached file, I just made a example. I know the charts are two different types, but how do I combine them into one chart??
confused.gif

Any help would be appreciated.!
smile.gif

I already posted this question in another forum. Here you can also DL my example file..
https://www.excelforum.com/excel-ch...charts-into-one-stacked-bars.html#post5208874

Regards,
Flemming

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Only people already registred to "the other" forum can download the file from there...

Upvote 0
Hello Flemming
I had a look at your file; it is not clear to me which graph on your sheets you refer to, but I guess the problem is showing the details of the Yes
In this case I would suggest to have a look to the "pie-in-pie" chart, as I outlined in Sheet1 (3) of the attached workbook (also "stack-in-pie" is available, in case you prefer that the details are shown in a stacked bar rather than a second pie)
You will see that, to use the pie-in-pie chart, I rearranged your data in a hierarchical way

Or you should consider to make a manual linking between stacked-bar chart, as I outlined in Sheet1 (4)

If you explain which data you need to show and what you wish to emphasize maybe I could suggest something else.

The file that I mention is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/45f1yfw3k6mdb7g/byferlev-mr_book1_b91011.xlsx?dl=0

Bye

Upvote 0
Hi Anthony47,

All I need is the three(four) questions in one chart, not three separate ones.
Is this possible?

Upvote 0
Hi Anthony47,

All I need is the three(four) questions in one chart, not three separate ones.
Is this possible?
Could you handwrite the chart you have in mind, scan or photograph the paper and share that picture?

Bye

Upvote 0
It's just bar charts, as shown in my example. Preferably with stacked bars. :-\
As you see in my file, I have three bar charts. One to each question. I would like to have one bar chart, with all three questions..
Does this make sense?

Upvote 0
Does this make sense?
If I understood your data, questions 2-3-4 are details for the Yes from specific perspectives (even though "Where" sums 61 rather then 42); I cannot understand how all of them can be put in an "all-in-one" graph in a meaningful way.
For example, I added Sheet1 (5) to the workbook I shared (the download link is the one already published) and yes, you can put all of the information on a single graph, but it's conceptually a mess:
fb picture uploader
This graph is based on the data in the table headed New Layout

It's a mess because the blue series (foe example) mean something different in each of the bars

In my opinion you should prepare several graphs to highlight the several perspectives.

But if you have in mind a graph that suit your wishes, then ignore whether Excel will be able or not to create it and sketch it on a sheet of paper using a pencil; then either scan or photograph it and share the sketch and will see how Excel can help you doing that.

Bye

Upvote 0
Anthony47, thanks for your time and patience to understand my wish :)
Since the x-axis is percent it will do for them all.

I would just add legends to the bottom of your graf, and apply custom colours to each category to explain them.
(Is legends the right word? Or maybe its called series in excel?)
Could I see the workbook you made?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back