Highlight Rows in Different Color Based on Multiple ConditionsHighlight Rows in Different Color Based on Multiple Conditions

Patriot2879

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi goodmorning, I hope you can help, I have tried conditional formatting but it doesn’twork in the way I want it to, I hope you can help me with the vba code for it.
I have row Nthat if ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ is highlighted from a list then I want the column to begreen if yes and red if no.
Then in RowB if ‘2 man ladder’, ‘2 man other’ or 2 man no parking’ is shown from the list I want the column tobe a light blue colour.
I hope youcan help me please. There are other rowsand columns I need adding as well, but these are some for examples.

I reallyhope you can help me please with this.

Hi sorry about that, yes I did do exactly, the yes and no works but not the 2 man I did do - =LEFT($B2,5)="2 man ladder"

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Change the B2 formula to what I showed in post#6

Upvote 0
Hiya that works thank you for you help on this, where did I go wrong if you can please advise?

Upvote 0
You changed the formula.
=LEFT($B2,5) looks at the first 5 characters in B2, you were then comparing that to "2 man ladder" which is more than 5 characters so it would never match.

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
Hiya all, I am trying to do another conditional for another word 'Escalation' and trying to follow the process already given to me, but I cant seem to get it to work, please can you help, this is the process I have followed for the word 'Escalation' in Row B.
=LEFT($B2,5)="Escal"

I have got this working now as I had to many letters, but my yes and no is not changing color now I have added this other code.
I have added the file to dropbox if you can please help.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/36544cqmbgdu92e/hh.xlsm?dl=0

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My guess is that the rules are in the wrong order.
If you want the Yes/No to over-rules the other formatting they need to be the first 2 rules in the list.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back