Worksheet that Mirrors a Table

nawdrizzy

Hello,

I was hoping that you could help me. I am trying to create this Employee benefit and vacation sheet which encompass all 12 months. Is there a way that I can create a table or something that will take the employees name and mirror to each worksheet (12 month), and if i add or delete an employee it will adjust the other worksheets accordingly without messing up the spacing. I tried both = and reference the employee and indexmatch and the problem I am having is that it will throw off the space if an employee is delete or added. Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
You'll need to provide more detail about how these sheets are layed out.

I'm also wondering what you want when adding or deleting employees.

If you have a different sheet for Jan, Feb, Mar, ... etc and an employeee is hired or leaves in March, wouldn't you want their name (and history) to remain on the Jan,Feb and March sheet and any change be only to April and forward?

Upvote 0
You'll need to provide more detail about how these sheets are layed out.

I'm also wondering what you want when adding or deleting employees.

If you have a different sheet for Jan, Feb, Mar, ... etc and an employeee is hired or leaves in March, wouldn't you want their name (and history) to remain on the Jan,Feb and March sheet and any change be only to April and forward?

The layout of the worksheet is that I have the employee names on column A:A and the data is being recorded for each employee on the corresponding row for each employee.

When it comes to adding and deleting. I have the worksheet recording each employee by department. SO if i want to add someone into a department I wanted to be able to add it to one sheet and then all the other sheet would change base on that one change and it would automatically space out so not to mess up the other employee's data that's already there.

And yea I do want the history and any the changes to be for only going forward. What i'm asking for may not be able to be done to the T, but i'm just wondering how close i can get to it.

Upvote 0
I'm at my dayjob and can't work on this, but the Add employee sounds doable (blank lines for their pre-employment months).
How familiar are you with VBA. This sounds like a decent sized project. Are you doing it manually at the moment. (That works out a lot of user input bugs )

Upvote 0
I'm at my dayjob and can't work on this, but the Add employee sounds doable (blank lines for their pre-employment months).
How familiar are you with VBA. This sounds like a decent sized project. Are you doing it manually at the moment. (That works out a lot of user input bugs )

I am very familiar with running VBA's in my worksheets, but not in writing them. I have several VBAs in this worksheet doing different things suming colors. The only thing that is being done manually is added the emplyees and the data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back