How to save meeting dates permanently with Excel?

gravanoc

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Someone wants the meeting dates they have held to be recorded and to be retrievable. This kind of makes me think a proper database is required, but maybe someone has a reasonable format where this can work. The workbook has already been setup to save the dates for a particular job number, but if anything new is placed in the cell on the user's sheet, then that date will overwrite the old date.

The user sheet is called Job Planning. The user presses the Job Form button & a user form pops up where they can enter the job number, job name, project manager, etc. Then in the D column they enter the meeting dates. They can save these dates on the Job Form as well.

The problem is that I can't think of a way to save the dates long-term without getting extremely elaborate with VBA or using a single sheet for each job number. Any ideas?

Here is a link to the sheet, it has VBA in it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-LrFaPEPuOwBD_iGSP9mwz49cf9Qis7q

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
hi, I can't look at the posted file from where I am now, however from the description, what about writing to a TXT file? It is simple VBA & Google will find many online examples. HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back