Populating a TextBox with a % Value taken from worksheet cells

cmerrick

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I have a calculation taking place on a work sheet - a calculation to work out a percentage.

=IFERROR(SUM(D6/D5),0)

In this example I'm using Loan (£100,000) / Property Value (£200,000) = 0.5 (formatted to %) = 50%

All I want to do it have my user form pull through the value of '50%' but it keeps pulling through '0.5'

I'm using a command button to trigger the below code - this populates a textbox with the value of 0.5

I need something that basically converts the 0.5 value to 50%

Code:
Private Sub CalculateBu_Click()

LTVTB.Value = Sheets("Form Validation").Range("D9")

End Sub

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi there,

I have a calculation taking place on a work sheet - a calculation to work out a percentage.

=IFERROR(SUM(D6/D5),0)

In this example I'm using Loan (£100,000) / Property Value (£200,000) = 0.5 (formatted to %) = 50%

All I want to do it have my user form pull through the value of '50%' but it keeps pulling through '0.5'

I'm using a command button to trigger the below code - this populates a textbox with the value of 0.5

I need something that basically converts the 0.5 value to 50%

Code:

LTVTB.Value = Sheets("Form Validation").Range("D9")

End Sub

Hi,
I provided a solution to this question in your other post here:https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...-through-figures-excel-userform-realtime.html

Note: I have assumed that the range D9 is formatted as % in which case, using the Range.Text property should return what you see in the cell to your textbox

which you have not responded to solution offered in the thread to confirm if it does what you want.

Dave

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh I am sorry, I must have missed that email!

I've checked back over the previous thread and this seems like a slightly different question - I've changed process now so that the calculation and display of the % value is 'triggered' by the CommandButton now rather than attempting to get it to update as and when the initial figures are defined in real time.

The calculation takes place on the work sheet =IFERROR(SUM(D6/D5),0) - This gives me 0.5 (formatted to %) = 50% in the worksheet so yes, D9 is formatted as %

All I'm trying to do is pull though '50%' to my text box 'LTVTB'

Upvote 0
Oh I am sorry, I must have missed that email!

I've checked back over the previous thread and this seems like a slightly different question - I've changed process now so that the calculation and display of the % value is 'triggered' by the CommandButton now rather than attempting to get it to update as and when the initial figures are defined in real time.

The calculation takes place on the work sheet =IFERROR(SUM(D6/D5),0) - This gives me 0.5 (formatted to %) = 50% in the worksheet so yes, D9 is formatted as %

All I'm trying to do is pull though '50%' to my text box 'LTVTB'

Question may be different but solution I stated in last thread should be the same.
You use the Range.Text property to return what you see in the cell rather than it's underlying value

Rich (BB code):
LTVTB.Value = Sheets("Form Validation").Range("D9").Text

Dave

Upvote 0
Alright so is the code used in the CommandButton Sub as below?

Code:
LTVTB.Value = Sheets("Form Validation").Range("D9").Text
End Sub

edited for typo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It worked - my project is almost completed so thank you very much.

If anyone is interested in seeing the code I can share but it's probably nothing special to you guys.

Upvote 0
It worked - my project is almost completed so thank you very much.

If anyone is interested in seeing the code I can share but it's probably nothing special to you guys.

Gals you resolved & all now working.

Don't be too hard on yourself we all have to start somewhere - all programmers have their preferred coding style & all can make mistakes.

Would be worth your while reading up VBA best coding practices - some of the basics.

- Always use Option Explicit, usually use Option Private Module. (this forces variables to be declared)
-Declare your variables with required scope & data type
- Use meaningful names for all procedures and variables.
- Keep Procedures short as possible

etc etc

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back