Change how date is converted.

Morbheus8496

Hi everyone, first time posting, but I can't seem to find the solution. When I encode 11/3/19 in a cell, when formatted it would show March 11, 2019. I would like it show as November 3, 2019 instead. Is there away to change this. Thank you very much.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hi everyone, first time posting, but I can't seem to find the solution. When I encode 11/3/19 in a cell, when formatted it would show March 11, 2019. I would like it show as November 3, 2019 instead. Is there away to change this. Thank you very much.
If your regional date system follows a "dd/mm/yyyy" format you would enter November 3, 2019 as: 3/11/2019.

My regional (US) format is "mm/dd/yyyy" so November 3, 2019 would be 11/3/2019 here.

Upvote 0
So your system's natural date order is d/m/y but you are getting dates with m/d/y date order and you want to preserve them, is that correct? If so, I do not think you will be able to do that with normal cell formatting. The only thing I can think of is using a VBA Change event to intercept the date when typed and physically change the entered date to text which displays as mmmm d, yyyy... would that be acceptable? If so, we would need to know what cells need to be monitored for this date entry?

Upvote 0
If your regional date system follows a "dd/mm/yyyy" format you would enter November 3, 2019 as: 3/11/2019.

My regional (US) format is "mm/dd/yyyy" so November 3, 2019 would be 11/3/2019 here.

Thanks this help a lot, as I am not really sure on what to look for.

Upvote 0
How would you type in the date October 17, 2019 into a cell using only numbers and slashes?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back