Combining multiple cells into one

Kobi Merrikin

Hello!

This is my first post on Mr Excel :)
I am trying to collate a list of numbers so they have an exclamation mark at the start and a semi-colon at the end. I wish for these to all end up in one cell so I can copy and paste them into a business intelligence system that requires this format.

For example;
2001358 would become !2001358;

In a list of cells:
Would become:
!2001358; !2001737; !2001876; !2002219;

Obviously it's pretty easy to just copy and paste a few of them. I have used the concatenate function but can't work out how to get them into one cell in a line to do the copy and paste for my system.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated for a young girl who can't quite master this one!

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
If you know Concatenate, you should be able to do this pretty easily. It's just a couple extra steps.

If your data is in column A, with the first being in cell A2, try the following...
First, insert a new column next to A, this will be column B. Next, in cell B2, type the following formula: =CONCATENATE("!",A2,"; "). Next, you can drag/copy that formula all the way down the sheet for the whole set of data.
Then, to get all this data in one cell, find a blank cell, then use this formula =CONCATENATE(B:B).
Finally, copy the cell above, then right click & select "Paste Special", then select "Values" and click OK.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back