ineedhelpp

Hi,

I am working on a massive data set containing more than 100,000 rows for a project. I am told to remove all duplicate data or rows that have been entered by mistake but when I highlight the data and click the " Remove Duplicates" button i get a message that there is no duplicates to remove. Am I going about this all wrong and i should be removing duplicates another way or does actually mean that there is no duplicates and my teacher is messing with me?

Thanks so much for the help!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Are you looking for duplicates of whole rows or duplicates within a column of cells. Important distinction here.

Upvote 0
A quick way yo check if your teacher is messing with you is to create a pivot table. Place everything in the “row label” box and filter out (sub)totals. In the values box, place any cell and set it to count.

Though with this many rows I’d reconsider using Excel. You might be better of using Access.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back