Populate cell value based on a lookup & match from two other tabs

aalbrand

open
Hello,

I am fairly novice to using excel, and have searched for my answer but am running low on time to find an answer, so figured I would just post to see if I can get a speedier answer. Below is an explanation of what I am trying to do.

I have two tabs in a workbook with some of the same information. One is being generated by a form, and the other is a consolidation of data from other tabs (master).

In each tab there is a member ID (both the tab for the result to appear in, and the tab referenced). The problem is, the reference tab rows do not align with the result tab. I am needing to populate another cell on the same row as the matched ID, which lives in the reference tab. Screenshot explanation below:

open
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W1IVFCkxAr0lLjEp3VZrS_IevX2RZrgL/view?usp=sharing

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
open
Hello,

I am fairly novice to using excel, and have searched for my answer but am running low on time to find an answer, so figured I would just post to see if I can get a speedier answer. Below is an explanation of what I am trying to do.

I have two tabs in a workbook with some of the same information. One is being generated by a form, and the other is a consolidation of data from other tabs (master).

In each tab there is a member ID (both the tab for the result to appear in, and the tab referenced). The problem is, the reference tab rows do not align with the result tab. I am needing to populate another cell on the same row as the matched ID, which lives in the reference tab. Screenshot explanation below:

open
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W1IVFCkxAr0lLjEp3VZrS_IevX2RZrgL/view?usp=sharing

So, I figured out the vLookup portion, but now I am trying to get the timestamp value from the matched row (and cell) to show on the results row. For some reason it continues to show the column index value in from the wrong cell. It shows #6 from the matched row, instead of the corresponding row, #11

Example: vLookup(R6,Range:Range,1)
R6 is the value I want to match a value from the range
Range is set to capture the columns from the other tab needed for output as well as to match R6
Index is to return the "timestamp" for that matched row (e.g., if R6 matches a row from the range, which may be for example in Row 11) then wanting to display the result in the cell from the index in row 11.

^Please help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back