AlexanderBB

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Someone has asked if an App I have can work in their 64 bit Office. (I think it's the online one).

I installed 64 bit office 2010 onto my laptop to find out. Running the xlsm file brings up a pile of problem but I did manage to alter all the Functions to ptrsafe Functions.
Then there are lots of Missing references and these have me stumped. First one is MSCOMCTL.OCX so I locate it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and register it with regsvr32. It reports success and 'MISSING' goes away - until I close and reopen the References dialog, where it again shows as MISSING.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there more to it ?
Thanks.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
I googled "64 bit MSCOMCTL.OCX" and found a collection of options to correct similar problems. I am not sure which would be applicable for your situation.
I am running Excel 2010 on Win7. The version of 64 bit MSCOMCTL.OCX that I have is 6.1.98.46 and its reference in the VBE does not become unchecked.

Upvote 0
No version of the Common Controls library will work in 64bit Office.

Not sure what you mean by "the online one", but the online version of Excel will not run VBA at all (and bitness would be irrelevant).

Upvote 0
My apologies I was in error. I had installed Office 2016/64 bit on my home system and removed it due to the (IMHO) poor interface (in the File menu - lack of frequently used folders; overlarge spacing of the Quick Access Toolbar icons & worksheet tabs; removal of the goto first/last tab buttons, etc.) and general instability. When I made my comment in post 2 I was looking at my Office 2010/32 bit installation not the 2016 version taht I use at work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back