SUMIFS between two different workbooks (SUMPRODUCT solution needed)

grant1991

Hi,

I have recently discovered that SUMIFS only works between two different workbooks if both workbooks are open at the same time.

I've also read to get round this, SUMPRODUCT can be used. That said I can't get it working.

The SUMIFS version of the formula I need converting to SUMPRODUCT is below

=SUMIFS('[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$I:$I,'[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$N:$N,C$6,'[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$P:$P,$C$3,'[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$F:$F,$B8)

Can someone help me convert this to SUMPRODUCT?

I would also need the below converting as well.

=SUMIFS('[Category Spend Report (v4).xlsx]Budgets-By Cat By Week - NEW'!$D:$D,'[Category Spend Report (v4).xlsx]Budgets-By Cat By Week - NEW'!$B:$B,G$6)

Cheers,
Grant

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Try

=SUMPRODUCT(('[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$N:$N=C$6)*('[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$P:$P=$C$3)*('[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$F:$F=$B8)*(
'[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$I:$I))

and

=SUMPRODUCT(('[Category Spend Report (v4).xlsx]Budgets-By Cat By Week - NEW'!$B:$B=G$6)*('[Category Spend Report (v4).xlsx]Budgets-By Cat By Week - NEW'!$D:$D))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try

=SUMPRODUCT(('[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$N:$N=C$6)*('[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$P:$P=$C$3)*('[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$F:$F=$B8)*(
'[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$I:$I))

and

=SUMPRODUCT(('[Category Spend Report (v4).xlsx]Budgets-By Cat By Week - NEW'!$B:$B=G$6)*('[Category Spend Report (v4).xlsx]Budgets-By Cat By Week - NEW'!$D:$D))

Hey,

Thanks for your reply! When I paste in that formula it throws up a #VALUE ! error. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Grant

Upvote 0
that formula it throws up a #VALUE ! error. Any ideas?

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Text values in the sum range could be the issue, using SUMPRODUCT() in the below form should alleviate that problem.

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT('[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$I$1:$I$1000,--('[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$N$1:$N$1000=C$6),--('[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$P$1:$P$1000=$C$3),--('[Historical Performance Data.xlsx]RAW'!$F$1:$F$1000=$B8))

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT('[Category Spend Report (v4).xlsx]Budgets-By Cat By Week - NEW'!$D$1:$D$1000,--('[Category Spend Report (v4).xlsx]Budgets-By Cat By Week - NEW'!$B$1:$B$1000=G$6))

Note, for efficiency reasons you should avoid using full column references with this type of formula, instead use sensible maximums.

Upvote 0
Worked a treat! Thanks for the help.

Noted re using sensible maximums with column references.

Thanks again!

Grant

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back