converting a formula to be read as date format for sorting Pivot tables by date using timeline.

Hamitoco

Hi,

I have a worksheet which has approximately 60 entries added to it each day. The worksheet is summarized into pivot tables on another worksheet with a timeline to sort them by dates. I can get this working no problem however with multiple people adding data to the main worksheet my pivot table/ timelines regularly break and require me to delete them and start again. the issue I am having is with my dates. I have a formula in column A so dates are added automatically when a value> 1 is inputted into the adjacent cell in column B. =if(B>1,today(),"") this formula works fine and shows the date the data was inputed in the format i am after. it also works fine in my pivot tables, however when I try to add a timeline to filter my pivot table for a day or date range I get an error saying 'we can't create a timeline for this report because it doesn't have a field formatted as date'. if the time is inputted manually it seems to work fine. is there anyway i can make excel recognize my above formula to recognize it as date format for my pivot tables?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back