Autofill with gaps

oksanar

Hello all,
The form that I am working with requires me to pull the information from a different sheet. The information is stored with a gap of 38 rows, so standard autofill doesn't work. Is it possible to achieve this?

thank you,
Oksana

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Welcome to the Board!

I am afraid that your question might not be quite clear. Can you describe in more details?
What exactly does the data you are working with look like?
What do to you want the output to look like?

If it helps to use visual aids, you can do that. You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

I am afraid that your question might not be quite clear. Can you describe in more details?
What exactly does the data you are working with look like?
What do to you want the output to look like?

If it helps to use visual aids, you can do that. You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

My output is a quote in below format. The company is dead-set on using this format for every part. I've copied down the template and need to pull the "variable" information like part number, price and quantity from a "Costing Sheet" which is used to calculate the sell price. I can manually "map" each cell and have it read result from the "costing sheet", but there has to be a quicker/better way to do this? I included the data from "costing sheet" below as well.
PART NAME:DISPENSING MAT
PART#:SF-2019-305-0100
clip_image001.png

<tbody>
</tbody>
Price:$15.05Price:$8.25Price:$165.00
Quantity:290Quantity:15Quantity:10
MOQ:290
Packaging:5pcs/1ctn
Materials:- Material 1 – CRS w/PC 5605c
- Material 2 – Rose gold sticker

<colgroup><col><col><col span="2"><col><col span="4"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000}span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}</style>

Upvote 0
Enter QTY belowEnter QTY belowEnter QTY below
PART NAMEPART NUMBERQTY COST2.15COST1.65COST1.65
EACHEXT53.5%EACHEXT39.4%EACHEXT39.4%
DISPENSING MATSF-2019-305-01001.000 $ 7.00 $ 7.00 $ 15.05 $ 5.00 $ 5.00 $ 8.25 $ 100.00 $ 100.00 $ 165.00
Tooling (Amortized)0.003 $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ -
PM Time (Amortized)0.003 $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ -
1.000 $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ - $ -
$ 7.00 $ 15.05 $ 5.00 $ 8.25 $ 100.00 $ 165.00
TOTAL SELL EACH $ 15.05 $ 8.25 $ 165.00
GROSS MARGIN EACH $ 8.05 $ 3.25 $ 65.00
TOTAL SELL $ 4,364.50 $ 123.75 $ 1,650.00
TOTAL COST $ 2,030.00 $ 75.00 $ 1,000.00
TOTAL GROSS PROFIT $ 2,334.50 $ 48.75 $ 650.00

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col span="3"><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Personally I would for that type of problem use a looping macro to extract what I needed as I assume the output will look the same each time. Especially if I needed to extract lots of it.

Upvote 0
Personally I would for that type of problem use a looping macro to extract what I needed as I assume the output will look the same each time. Especially if I needed to extract lots of it.
Thank you! I am starting to think that might be my only option. The question is, do I need to write a macro for each cell I want to fill? The biggest challenge here is that each set of data - information about each part - is stored in a separate "table" in the costing sheet. So, if I have 20 parts, there will be 20 "tables", one for each part.

Upvote 0
As long as there is some sort of logic to the data it shouldnt be to problematic to sort out what you need.

Best would be of you provide a sample workbook with raw data and a desired result

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vmanchoppy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back