ChDir path problem

grapevine

Board Regular
I have been using a macro successfully for sometime now, but I have just bought a new machine and I am running W10 and 365 E3 and now the macro will not see the path of the file

The files are all stored in the cloud (Office 365, OneDrive for Business) but are also synced with File Explorer
When i look at the path in Explorer it shows

C:\Users\mkd\OneDrive - Grapevine Computing Ltd\Tutoring\Earnings-MKD\Inv2019-2020

When i look at the properties within Excel it shows
https//grapevinecomputing-my.sharepoint.com/personal/mkd_grapevinecomputing_co_uk/Documents/Tutoring/Earnings-MKD/Inv2019-2020

the file path is used several time in the macro so I added it as a call in via ChDir
I have tried
HTML:
'FilePath = "C:\Users\mkd\OneDrive - Grapevine Computing Ltd\Tutoring\Earnings-MKD\Inv2019-2020"
FilePath = "//grapevinecomputing-my.sharepoint.com/personal/mkd_grapevinecomputing_co_uk/Documents/Tutoring/Earnings-MKD/Inv2019-2020"
'FilePath = "https//grapevinecomputing-my.sharepoint.com/personal/mkd_grapevinecomputing_co_uk/Documents/Tutoring/Earnings-MKD/Inv2019-2020"

but i cannot get the directory to be found. The first macro is as follows
HTML:
Sub PDFSave()

ChDir _
        FilePath

ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=FilePath & "\" & InvNum _
    , Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, IgnorePrintAreas _
        :=False, OpenAfterPublish:=False
End Sub
I always get run code 76.
I have tried googling, hence the different attempts at the file path, but I am at a lost as to how i write the file path. Any assistance greatly appreciated, Many thanks

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
if you
Dim test as string
Test = FilePath & "\ " & InvNum

debug print Test as step through to that with F8 and see if it looks right

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, it still could see the path, so i actually deleted the ChDir command and it worked ok using the full https: line.
Many thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back