making a chart of the count of matched pairs and triples

Lottoguy

I have a spreadsheet with 214 rows til now, with 10 units of data on each row, 5 numbers and 5 letters. The numbers go from 01 to 1237 and 80 letters from A to CB. I need to make a table with the number of occurences of matched pairs and triples. I would like to know the number of times that 2 and 3 units of number/letter appeared together on all the rows.
Ex: 01-47-69 = 7 x
04-36-AX = 6 x
11-52-AS = 5 x

Its king of hard to find how to do that on excel.
I may think we have to develop a macro programming to do that task.
Let me know if you can help me to do that. I really need to do this work.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi, your request seems far too vague for anyone to answer it sensibly.

What exactly does your input data look like ?
It would be helpful to post a small sample of it (make it up if you don't want to post real data).
How are we supposed to identify matched pairs and triples ?

Upvote 0
I can email ya the spreadsheet. What I need to do is to count the number of occurences of matched pairs and triples.
I can focus more on triples, so if you can help me let me know.
I have now 221 rows, with 10 units of data on each row. 5 different numbers and 5 different letters.
Its on the fist 10 columns of the spreadsheet, occupying the columns from A to J.
A to E columns has 5 letters from 01-1237. (all the 5 numbers are different, no repetition of the same number), and
the columns F to J has 5 letters that goes from A to CB. (80 different letters with also no repetition of the same letter).
I just need to get all those 10 units of data (numbers/letters), and to separete/split in groups of 3 or matched triples.
I need to analyze the number of occurences of 3 same number/letters that appeared together on all the rows.
Its easy to understand what I d like to do, but I cant find how to do this task. Trying to count matched pairs or more
groups are really difficult in excel. Unless we can develop a macro programming for it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back