Error message when opening an Excel workbook

pincivma

Board Regular
I don't know if anyone out there has experienced the error message when opening an Excel workbook. I have a workbook with 37 worksheets. A few of them have Tables, not Pivot Tables but regular Tables with drop down arrows. I also have many macros and most of them create the Tables for me using VBA. This workbook goes back and forth between me and my co-worker. When my co-worker opened up the workbook one day, he got a pop up about a Table7 error and if he wanted Excel to repair the workbook He clicked on YES to repair the workbook and then it worked fine. I do not have a Table7 anywhere in the workbook. Once in a while, this Table7 error keeps on popping up and he has to keep on repairing the workbook. Here is the strange part. I do not get the error at all on my computer. I sent this same workbook to other people and they do not get the error.

Here are my guesses

1. Maybe I had a table7 and then I deleted it from my macros and somehow Excel retained it in its memory
2. I have the solver add-in on my computer. Maybe that is causing the problem
3. Since the workbook went back and forth by email between me and my co-worker somehow it got corrupted. If it did get corrupted then why don't I get the same error

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Don't know if this will help, but if your "Table" is a true Excel table (i.e. a list object), Excel names it. You can find the name and what range it refers to in the Name Manager on the Formula Tab of the ribbon. This will allow you to see if Table7 exists in the problematic workbook of the co-worker and also in that workbook on your computer.

Upvote 0
Hi Joe
I did look in the Name Manager and there is no table 7 listed there. I can see other table names but no Table 7. I will check with my co-worker to see if they have a Table 7 in their workbook.

Thanks for your input

Upvote 0
You are welcome - thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back