Pull data from multiple password protected workbooks

Caitlin535

Hello again -

I have several individual password protected workbooks - one for each employee, each with a unique password - that collect that employees timekeeping data. I'm trying to make a master sheet that will pull data from each of these individual files into one master file for me (the supervisor). However, every workbook to which I link then requires me to enter that workbook's password when I open the master sheet. I do know all of the passwords (I made these sheets), so I'm wondering if there's a way to automate entering all the passwords so that the data will get pulled in without me having to enter every password every time (which rather defeats the purpose.

I found the following thread, which seems to have something *close* to what I need:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/168849-linking-password-protected-workbook.html

Near the end "TLA" remarks about pulling data from multiple workbooks, each with a different password, but then he/she doesn't really explain how to actually do it - or at least, not in a manner I understand. Might someone be able to translate/clarify for me?

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back