Maximising Profit

XPKMJRVX27

The price of electricty fluxuates hourly over the course of a year.
My goal is to buy electricy for storage from the grid for the asking price at the time and sell it back to the grid at a later time (for a greater price) in order to make a profit. The criteria however is that when selling it back to the grid I can only sell it back at 80% of the asking price at the time of sale. An example would be if i bought electricty for £100 at 1pm and by 4pm it was worth £1000 I could sell it back to the grid for £800 making a £700 profit. I need an excel formula which will allow me to know exactly when to buy and sell to allow for maximum profit? ( I already have the hourly cost of electricty over the course of the year in question)

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I need an excel formula which will allow me to know exactly when to buy and sell to allow for maximum profit? ( I already have the hourly cost of electricity over the course of the year in question)

You have the hourly cost of electricity for a past year. How does that apply to a forthcoming year ?

If I know the price of gas on November 15, 2018 doesn't mean the cost will be the same this November.

What am I missing ???

(ps: as an aside question, do you have your own electrical generator plant that produces large quantities of electricity ?)

Upvote 0
@Logit
When you come up with the required solution for the OP, can you also do one for me that tells me when to buy and sell shares on the stock exchange for maximum benefit...:LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back