What's the most efficient way to remove all the salary info from my model without ruining all the calcs?

CHBC1

I work in Finance and I need to send out our budget model to one of our business partners, but she can't see all the salary info we have in there.

One option is to go tab by tab (there are probably 30) and manually copy/paste values in the person-by-person salary calc, then delete the person by person details, while leaving the grand totals in.

I was also wondering if there's a way to just black out the salary info, but make it so nobody can change the cell color and can't see what's in the cells when they click on it / can't copy/paste. Does that make sense?

Each tab is constructed the same, so I can record a simple macro to lock down/black out specific cells.

Any thoughts? Am I way overthinking this?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
You can color the cells, but if the user selects that cell the values are apparent in the Edit window.

My thought are that if you are confident about creating a "black out the salary cells" macro then a "copy / paste special values the whole sheet, blank the salary cells" would be as easy to create as the other. The only thing is that the altered worbook should be saved AS a different special "for Mgt only" workbook, leaving the one with the live date in it for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back