Dragging a formula problem?

nharbel

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else, but I'm not even sure how to accurately search for my problem. I have a spreadsheet in which I have calculated a lot of data on 3 separate sheets. I'm trying to consolidate the data into a "Totals" sheet. I have used the following formula in cell B5 on the Totals sheet to do this: =$'5th'.B5+$'6th'.B5+$JH.B5+$HS.B5. In cell B6 on the Totals sheet I used this formula: =$5th.C5+$6th.C5+$JH.C5+$HS.C5. I need to drag this formula across the page on the Totals sheet and have it fill in the formula for a cell found in every other column on the individual sheets. I have manually entered in the info for the first two cells, but when I try dragging it across to fill in or copy the formula, it doesn't fill in for every other column, it fills it in consecutively. I am desperate to find a formula to do this automatically to save me hours of time doing it manually. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
The above link refers to data on a single sheet. I have values on 3 separate sheets that I am combining on a 4th sheet. A offset formula may work, but I need something specific to my situation.

Upvote 0
The principle is the same whether it's one sheet or more than one.
For example, the construction for your Totals sheet cell B5 :
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A5,0,(COLUMN(A5)*2)-1)+OFFSET(Sheet2!$A5,0,(COLUMN(A5)*2)-1)
and for C5 :
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$5,0,(COLUMN(A5)*2)-1)+OFFSET(Sheet2!$B$5,0,(COLUMN(A5)*2)-1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back