1Question 190%
2Q1 assessment criteria 120%
Q1 assessment criteria 2
30%
Q1 assessment criteria 2
40%

<tbody>
</tbody>

Under Question 1 there are three things users have to report on their progress with. They type in the % figure and CF produces a horizontal progress bar. As we can see it's all hunky dory here as 40 30 and 20 does indeed equate to 90%.

I think it's when the numbers go over what would add up to 100 that we get into trouble.

What about when all three have gotten 80% of the way through - the value in E1 would be 240%, if they all mark that they've finished by typing in '100' the total will show as 300% - which is not what we need.

How do I write the formula in E1 that allows people to put in their progress as described - which is a requirement, but then the total in the E1 would be a cumulative total of their contribution towards the overall goal of reaching 100% ie all sub-tasks completed = 100%.

Can anybody help me with this (quite garbled) explanation I've provided?! :LOL:

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Is there a way of automating the /3 number part?

what I mean is, there could be a differing number of elements - it might be three contributing scores, it could be 23 - is there a way for the formula to say 'sum the value immediately below this cell and everything up to the row where Col D contains a bold heading then divide the sum of those values divided by the number of values' - because otherwise you'd be having to count and manually adjust each formula on each heading row.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back