VBA help - Code to update excel links when file path changes

jirose93

Hi all,

I am really struggling to find an answer to my question so hoping someone here might be able to help.

I have a set of Excel documents set up as a template for new jobs each time a new job comes in. When we get a new one in I copy and paste the "template" file and rename it as the new file name.

The file is set up with subfolders, each containing an Excel workbook and they all link to each other (about 50 separate workbooks within the template file) - obviously these links work fine within the original template file but as soon as I copy and paste then none of the links update to the new file path and instead still link back to the original template file.

Can someone tell me if it's possible to have a macro that will automatically update all 50+ Excel workbooks when I copy and paste the template file to reflect the new file path, rather than me having to go into each separate workbook when I copy it over and restore the links manually?

Thank you in advance!!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules. Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: VBA help - Code to update excel links when file path changes

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide a link, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back