Calulating a date

f16bull

Here is my question, If I have 12 cells relating to a date and want to be able input a date in any of those 12 cells I want 1 additonal cell to tell me a future date based on the date in any of the preceding 12 cells. The future date should be able to reflect 90, 180 or 360 days in the future, again based on the date input in either of the first 12 cells.

Ken

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi

Bit more detail. Are the positions in the 12 cells relevant?

How is the decision made whether to add 90, 180 or 360 days?

Tony

Upvote 0
The cells are relevent in that they assist in calculating a future date. For example. If i perform maintenance on a date in July I want it to forcast in 90, 180 or 360 days in the future for the next date that major maintenance would have to be performed

here is a brief example of what I have done so far

c9=c6(Now)+90 end result is the date in C6+90 days in the future for next Maint due

But ultimatly what I would like to work is that any cell in a particular row can have a date input into it and calculate it out instead of restricting it to one cell in the row as in the example.

Ken

Thanks for you assistance

Upvote 0
thanks, this might work for me. I might change it arounbd so that i can maniputlate a bit differently but should work. thanks

Ken

Upvote 0
Hello again,

here is a sample spreadsheet of what I would like to do for what ever reason I was unable to get the previous formulas that you provided to work.

Ken

DATES Next Due
Jan Feb Mar April

By entering a date in either of the above cells a date is given at the next due date of either 90, 180 or 360 from the date entered
[/url][/code]

Upvote 0
Hi Ken:

Please post some sample Dates and your expected results ... and then let us take it from there.

Upvote 0
Well I thought I copied the spreadsheet and pasted it here but does not look as though it took. I will try to reattach it here so you can see my attempt

Ken

Thanks again for the assistance

Upvote 0
Ok one last question I seem to be having some problems with my date calculation still, although the informatin you forwarded was usefull I need to calculate the date differently.

Lets say for arguments sake I put a date in Row 5 cell A And want to project that date in Cell A 30 days out simple enought just tell Cell H for example to = Cell A + 30 days. Now to make it more complicated I want to input another date in Cell B Row 5 and again tell Cell H to equal that date + 30 days in the future again, so now I want cell H to recognize that date and forget the previous date input in Cell A and give me a new calculated date in cell H.

Thanks Again

Ken

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back