How do you group option buttons

G

How do you group option buttons from the forms toolbar, I have put them in group boxes but when I change the cell link on one they all change, I want to have two groups on one page linked to different cells. thanks

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
The whole idea of grouped option buttons is that the user can only choose one. i.e., What town do you live in? There is only ONE answer. Hence, you only need one cell to contain that value.

Perhaps that sheds some light for you?

Upvote 0
But I want to have two sets of buttons link to different cells total independent of the other ones, can this be done?

Upvote 0
You can do this by grouping them in frames. The thing to be careful about, is the option buttons must be entirely inside the frames If any part is outside the frame, the grouping will fail. Also, once an option box has been group and associated, it sometimes will not take a change. You may need to delete it and insert a new one.

Upvote 0
There should be a frame icon in the VB toolbox (just to the left of the command button in mine). In VB6 you need to draw (or cut and paste) option buttons directly onto the frame (ie not dragged on from the userform), so I presume the same is true of Excel VBA.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I didn't realise you were putting these onto a worksheet, frames don't appear in the sheet toolbox, you need to click on the More controls button at the bottom and go down to Microsoft Forms 2.0 Frame. Draw your frame, then right click on it in design mode and choose Frame Object- Edit to show the VBA toolobox. Draw your Option buttons onto the frame. You will need a separate frame for each group of buttons.

Upvote 0
Thanks I had them in a group box but part of the button must have been outside the frame.
:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back