MAYBE I NEED TO EXPLAIN BETTER

CAPT.PT

I am making a payroll program which consists of differant worksheets.
On one worksheet called "DAILY LOG', I log men in at differant stations, (C, meaning he is at central station, SS meaning he is at a South Station. On this worksheet those letters mean nothing more...nothing less.
however, on this worksheet, the letter S, means he is off sick and puts a value of 11.2 hrs. in the sickleave cell.
if I enter a number, forinstance 12, that puts 12 hrs. in the cell or column for 12 hrs. OVERTIME.

Now, on another worksheet, I refer to a certain column to read what men were on duty.
If this cell corresponds to a man that was working at the Central fire station, I want to enter the value of 24 in this cell. (SS would mean he is on duty at the South Station and enter a value of 24 in the cell.
I am using the Formula: =COUNTIF('Daily Log'!D6,"C")*24
this works, butI also would like to add "SS"to it, so that if it see's a C or a SS it will add the number 24 to the cell in second worksheet.
Does this make any clearer sense as to what I am trying to do???

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
On 2002-03-04 14:49, CAPT.PT wrote:
I am making a payroll program which consists of differant worksheets.
On one worksheet called "DAILY LOG', I log men in at differant stations, (C, meaning he is at central station, SS meaning he is at a South Station. On this worksheet those letters mean nothing more...nothing less.
however, on this worksheet, the letter S, means he is off sick and puts a value of 11.2 hrs. in the sickleave cell.
if I enter a number, forinstance 12, that puts 12 hrs. in the cell or column for 12 hrs. OVERTIME.

Now, on another worksheet, I refer to a certain column to read what men were on duty.
If this cell corresponds to a man that was working at the Central fire station, I want to enter the value of 24 in this cell. (SS would mean he is on duty at the South Station and enter a value of 24 in the cell.
I am using the Formula: =COUNTIF('Daily Log'!D6,"C")*24
this works, butI also would like to add "SS"to it, so that if it see's a C or a SS it will add the number 24 to the cell in second worksheet.
Does this make any clearer sense as to what I am trying to do???

How about trying:
=OR('Daily Log'!D6="C",'Daily Log'!D6="SS")*24

Regards,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back