todays problem / listbox - max nested if's

keith

Board Regular
I have a listbox with a source of 15 cells containing item numbers giving me 15 items in the box. When a certain item is selected in the box I need the other info about the item to appear in the cells to the right. So you pick item number "1" from the list box and the "pricing, cost, description, etc.." for item 1 show up in the cells to the right of the listbox. (the data for each item is listed on a seperate worksheet). Problem is I run out of nested if's at 7 so I can only make this happen with 7 of my 15 items!! My whole solution seems cumbersome with long if's in every cell that holds data. The if's determine the value in the "linked cell" of the listbox and show approiate item info based on the value. There has got to be a better way to do this! Please advise.. Thanks..

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
On 2002-03-05 07:46, keith wrote:
Can't seem to apply vlookup... :(

Did you create the list box using Toolbars|Forms? If so, what is its Cell link? And, What is its Selection type: Single, ...?

Upvote 0
Cell Link is K1
I think I found a workaround with the CHOOSE function. I created a column (A) called "autonum" and put 1-15 in that column. Then made the source of the listbox 1-15. From there I used CHOOSE(k1, b2,b3,b4,b5,b6,b7 etc.. to b16) for the cell to the right of the listbox. B2-B16 is the "price" colum for the item.. not quite the same effect I wanted. I wanted to have the actual item numbers populate the listbox, but the autonum effect will work I guess.. Thanks for your help though..!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back