Dialogue Box - how do I get it to open...

mrowe

Board Regular
When I've created a custom dialog box, how do I get it to load on screen when the worksheet is opened or option is selected from a custom menue?
Thanks

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
which type of dialog box - pre excel 97 era ones (the ones u insert in excel) or those darned vba based ones. If its the first then its
DialogSheets("Name").Show

if its the latter then it involves a Load statement, cant remember the exact code as i hardly ever use them.

Upvote 0
I'm using Excel 97, so I guess it's the load statement - if you or anyone else could help that would be great!

Cheers
Matt

Upvote 0
how did you build it - in the vba editor or by right-clicking the sheet tab and inserting a dialog sheet? The original (second) option is considered outmoded but is in my opinion much better.
This message was edited by Daniel Cremin on 2002-03-05 07:40

Upvote 0
I tried the VBA editor - I'm new to dialogue boxes, so will try anything.
If I use the right hand click option do I just need to include the code above somewhere?

Upvote 0
Ok heres what i would do - go to excel's main window and right click -insert a dialog sheet and then for the Ok and cancel buttons right click them and enter your code in a macro. Create the text boxes and other controls you want to use - colour the sheet in any colour you want via rectangles inserted and sent to the back on the sheet. and then create a macro to trigger the form containing the code DialogSheets("whatever its called").Show

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back