Subtracting a quantity value when entered in sales WB from r

G

Im doing a Major skool project for my A levels and (this project needs to b an A grade :p) I and the rest realllllllllllly need this problem solved bcos were all doin a Stock control system. When a Sale is entered in the Sale workbook how do I get the sale quantity entered to subtract from the Stock quantity in the stock workbook automatically when its entered? i was thinkin something like Vlookuup n IF state ments!>????> :S

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Im doing a Major skool project for my A levels and (this project needs to b an A grade ) I and the rest realllllllllllly need this problem solved bcos were all doin a Stock control system

You first posted this a week ago. Yes, many people on here could do this. Perhaps you should take the lack of response as a message to DO YOUR OWN BLASTED HOMEWORK. ADMIT TO YOUR TEACHER YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND GET HELP THERE!

I also think Oxford uni (sic) will probably choose someone with a better command of the english language.

Tension Breaker. Sorry,it had to be done
This message was edited by Steve Hartman on 2002-03-11 10:25

Upvote 0
plz im here to do a project! its the real thing! plz its not homework. can anyone answer the q!!!!

Upvote 0
So what you mean is, suppose you have a figure in A1 (Stock), and C1 is your sales record whatever. You want to put a figure in B1, then have it subtract from A1 and add to C1?

Upvote 0
Are you there?????

Well, if that IS what you want, then try this:

Cells(1, 1).Value = Cells(1, 1).Value - Cells(1, 2).Value
Cells(1, 3).Value = Cells(1, 3).Value + Cells(1, 2).Value
Cells(1, 2).Value = ""

HTH

Upvote 0
hey no thats not what i was looking for but thanks anyway. Ive got a Sales workbook set out like this:

Column A = Sale Date, Column B = Product ID,

Column C = Product Name, Column D = Price,

Column E = Quantity, Column F = Cost.

Ive got a Stock workbook set out like this:

Column A = Product Name, Column B = Product ID,

Column C = Price, Column D = Quantity,

Column E = Total Value, Column F = Supplier,

Column G = Re-Order Quantity.

What i really need to know is how when a quantity is entered when there is a sale, say one item of fish food was sold how do i make this automatically be subtracted from the quantity of stock of that particular product in the stock workbook. using the product ids ifs ??? plz i really need help and i only have till sunday!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back