HOW DO U MAKE 2 dates STick together to make a WEEK LIKE 21/

Sami

Board Regular
i dont no how u make them stick together n excel recognises them as a week? how do u make weeks? n how do i group the sales data into weeks and put the weekly sales revenue in a workbook?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
hey mark i no u can do this. but the formula in the other thing didnt work. plz tell me how to enter weeks into excel!!!! thanks

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-06 08:39, Sami wrote:
hey mark i no u can do this. but the formula in the other thing didnt work. plz tell me how to enter weeks into excel!!!! thanks

Provide some sample data.

Upvote 0
How about this:

Assume cell A1 contains your first date and cell A2 contains your second date...

=(month(a1)&"/"&day(a1)&"/"&year(a1)&" - "(month(a2)&"/"&day(a2)&"/"&year(a2))

Upvote 0
Sami, if what Scott is suggesting satisfies your requirements you might want to use the following instead...

=TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&" - "&TEXT(A2,"mm/dd/yy")

...but, I wouldn't recommend that you group data on such a long text string when you can use the WEEKNUM worksheet function instead.
This message was edited by Mark W. on 2002-03-06 09:44

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-06 09:42, Mark W. wrote:
Sami, if what Scott is suggesting satisfies your requirements you might want to use the following instead...

=TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&" - "&TEXT(A2,"mm/dd/yy")

!Mucho mejor!

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-05 11:17, Sami wrote:
i dont no how u make them stick together n excel recognises them as a week? how do u make weeks? n how do i group the sales data into weeks and put the weekly sales revenue in a workbook?

Which week is 21/02/02-28/02/02?

If you want to use labels that read (for users) as weeks, e.g., 04/01/02-04/07/02 or rather 04/01/02-04/05/02 (excludes Saturday and Sunday) standing for the kalendarweek 14, you'll have a computational burden to convert this label into a week number. What follows however computes that number:

=WEEKNUM(LEFT(E2,SEARCH("-",E2)-1))

The WEEKNUM worksheet function is available if the Analysis Toolpak is activated via Tools|Add-Ins.

Upvote 0
Hey guys u seem to no ur stuff but erm the problem is i got an accounts worksheet which has weeks and the total sales coloum. there is just 2 coloumns in this worksheet. The sales revenue and week date is taken from the sales worksheet where daily sales are entered. I need to no how excel will group the sales figures by week and paste the week and the sales revenue in the accounts file. Also if say another sale is done and £10 is entered the sales revenue from the week will change automatically.
Cheers. Thanks for the info. v grateful!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back