FORMULA HELP

rdw

Hello Group,
I am using Excel 2000 working with an existing spreadsheet trying to modify it for better use among teachers. I have the existing file here for you to download: http://connes.wcpss.net/Excel/
I would like to know if there is a way and/or formula to have the "running records data" sheet gather information on what the teacher entered for the students show up on the "individual" sheet. At the same time I do not want it to bring up the books which have no information entered. For example, if I entered data for "Abe" and it was on books 1-2 and nothing else, I would like only Books 1-2 to show up when I enter Abe's name on the individual sheet. Does anyone have a formula for this?

Thanks,
Ron

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
On 2002-03-05 12:35, rdw wrote:
Hello Group,
I am using Excel 2000 working with an existing spreadsheet trying to modify it for better use among teachers. I have the existing file here for you to download: http://connes.wcpss.net/Excel/
I would like to know if there is a way and/or formula to have the "running records data" sheet gather information on what the teacher entered for the students show up on the "individual" sheet. At the same time I do not want it to bring up the books which have no information entered. For example, if I entered data for "Abe" and it was on books 1-2 and nothing else, I would like only Books 1-2 to show up when I enter Abe's name on the individual sheet. Does anyone have a formula for this?

Thanks,
Ron

Ron,

Care to tell, given the published WB, on which books there is info for Abe and Jessica? It's unclear (to me) from "running records data" which book is the latest for Abe and Jessica.

Aladin

Upvote 0
Abe's most recent book is Fortune's Friend(Book level 31-32)(He is basically done being tested) and Katherine's most recent book level is Nick's Glasses (Book level 7-8). Sorry for any confusion. Can you think of a formula for this?

Upvote 0
Hello group,
Does Excel 2000 have a feature that generates a report with a "most recent date"
that will allow the teacher to see when she has entered the data? For example, I would
like to have another sheet that includes the information from the "data sheet" that will
see data that was entered from July 1, 2001 - June 30, 2002 and you can select the date
or show all records. If you know of a formula that allows this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ron

Upvote 0
Group,

Hopefully, this will clear things up a bit. I will have the end user enter the date of when they actually took the assessment so there will be a cell with the date in it. I am not even sure if this can be done with Excel 2000, but thought that if anyone knows of a solution, it would be helpful to ask.

Thanks,
Ron

Upvote 0
Hello,
I am using Excel 2000 on Windows 98 working with an existing spreadsheet trying to modify it for better use among teachers. I have the existing file here for you to download: http://connes.wcpss.net/Excel/
I would like to know if there is a way and/or formula to have the "running records data" sheet gather information on what the teacher entered for the students show up on the "individual" sheet. At the same time I do not want it to bring up the books which have no information entered or old data. For example, if I entered data for "Abe" and it was on books 31-32 (and levels 1-2 & 3-4 from a earlier date in the school year), I would like only Books 31-32 to show up when I enter Abe's name on the individual sheet. Abe's most recent book is Fortune's Friend(Book level 31-32)(He is basically done being tested) and Katherine's most recent book level is Nick's Glasses (Book level 7-8). Of course, we would do this type of sorting throughout the year to see the progress of the class and to create groups to do instruction on the students instructional level. I will have the end-user enter the date of when they actually took the assessment so there will be a cell with the date in it. We could do a sort on the "most recent date" with a formula or use VBA to accomplish this. Can you think of a formula Or a solution for this problem?

Thanks,
Ron

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back