Does Excel have this capability?

Rachel

You may have already read this post, I reworded it:
THE SITUATION- I have a column of cells with text descriptions, an example would be colors. In the previous column I have the cells bordered to let the user know to put the quantity there. On the far right hand side I have a hidden code that multiplies the quantity of the colors by their price (which is located in yet another column). Then I have the information total up at the bottom and copied to another sheet at the end of the workbook. I only want to print the last page of the workbook as a pricing recap.

THE QUESTION- Is it possible, without using the VB Editor, to create a formula that basically says: If the quantity range of cells equals more than one, copy the data to the last page. The catch here is, I need it to bring along the text info and the pricing info. I don't want the pricing recap to print all the color options, only those that the user selected.

MY EXPECTATIONS- Please reply if you are at all familiar with this. I don't expect someone to create a formula for me. I just need some pointers: should I create a table, a prior database, would an array and VLOOKUP work, does VB editor need to be used?
Any advice would be helpful until my amazon.com computer books on Excel programming and functions arrive. :) Thanks.
This message was edited by Rachel on 2002-03-06 07:25

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Sounds to me like you will only need:

Vlookups
Sumifs, but not necessarily array formulas

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back