Adding Cells Multi Sheets + date

virtual-bird

Hi.

I need to do a summary of the first work sheet on second worksheet on the same file(password.xls)...

The database is a log of how many times passwords are reset per system per day. When a password is reset, yes is put in the cell according to system that is reset. Others not changed are left blank.

I have the headings on 5 cells from A3 to F3.
Sheet 1
A3 onwards is Username
B3 onwards is Date
C3 onwards is NT
D3 onwards is Novell
E3 onwards is JDE
F3 onwards is Roads

Sheet 2
B3 onwards is Date
C3 onwards is NT
D3 onwards is Novell
E3 onwards is JDE
F3 onwards is Roads

I need a summary per day, so need to get the date from the date field, and then add up how many times each one is marked off.

Could someone help me out? Im totally new at this Excel stuff, aint as easy as I thought it would be.

Thanks again
Bruce.

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Hi Bruce

Sounds like a good job for a Pivot Table. But as you are new to Excel this might be a bit hard. The database functions would also be well suited. If you would like to send me the Workbook (Or a similar copy) I will set something up for you.

BTW you may well get some advise to use array formulas, however I strogly advise against them as they are a short term solution that will have an adverse effect on Excel re-calculations.

Upvote 0
I'll try again, this time logged in ;o)

Hi Bruce

Sounds like a good job for a Pivot Table. But as you are new to Excel this might be a bit hard. The database functions would also be well suited. If you would like to send me the Workbook (Or a similar copy) I will set something up for you.

BTW you may well get some advise to use array formulas, however I strogly advise against them as they are a short term solution that will have an adverse effect on Excel re-calculations.

Upvote 0
David, I have forwarded you a mail and copy of what I have so far.

Thanks.
Rgds
Bruce.
On 2002-03-05 19:35, Dave Hawley wrote:
I'll try again, this time logged in ;o)

Hi Bruce

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back